Monday, 4 May 2009

Sunflower snacks

I've got a little behind (my wife likes it though!) (sorry, couldn't resist that) but here's a response from "Bernie" from Denmark (we all know the Danes are really into Bacon)
Hey Stu.
Got my order today. I made a snack recipe you might wanna try out, its good!, (Bernie's Bacon Seeds) roast some sunflower seeds on dry pan just until they are a little crispy, put the seeds in a little bowl and add some sunflower seed oil (only to make the bacon salt stick on) then add bacon salt hickory (don't be cheep) enjoy! :)

Thanks for that Bernie - it gave us an inspiration for the "tasters" at the local food market last week; we didn't get sunflower seeds, but we oiled and "salted" peanuts with BaconSalt, as well as popping some corn with the magic ingredient. Both tasted great and were well-received by our visitors.

Pity about the British weather that day though :(

1 comment:

  1. I've just been given a packet of bacon salt and I'm going to test it this weekend! Need to have a think about what would be good tasting like bacon. Apart from everything of course!

    I'll post my results on my blog next week. Check them out at


Tell us what you think of BaconSalt, and our Eastern Spices, or what else you'd like to see on the shelves of our online store.